Simply Delicious Potato Soup

It seems as if my family could eat soup every night of the week this time of the year. Something about warm soup on a cold night is really comforting. So, I'm always looking for new recipes for this glorious, diverse dish to delight my family. I used to make Potato Soup the old fashioned way like my mom makes, (peel the potatoes, boil the potatoes...), then my sister told me about a much easier (and healthier) version that I have went on to ...soup up a little. OK, you know I couldn't resist that one! Anyway, this recipe is souper easy (Oops! I did it again, didn't I?) and really quick. I always keep the few ingredients it takes on hand for those nights when my day has gotten away from me and I need to whip up something fast. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.

POTATO SOUP:

1 bag O'Brien potatoes
4 reg. sized cans fat free chicken broth
1 packet McCormick Country Gravy mix (The brand really makes a difference on this one.)
Hormel bacos
Shredded cheddar cheese (light or fat free is fine)

Spray stock pot with non-stick cooking spray and add potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes to brown up before adding 3 cans of the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer. *Note: I will often buy a bag of cubed hash browns and add my own frozen peppers and onions instead of buying the O'Brien potatoes. They are usually cheaper. This is also a good option if your family doesn't like peppers and onions because they can simply be omitted.

In a small sauce pan add the last can of chicken broth to the gravy mix. Follow directions until it thickens. Then stir into the potatoes. Add a 1/2 jar of the bacos. Make sure potatoes are tender and then top each bowl with a little cheddar cheese before serving. That's it. Serve with your choice of bread and a salad. It's simple. It's delicious. Potato Soup - It's what's for dinner.