Hot Marinated Beef Salad




As the weather is getting nicer, my wardrobe is getting lighter. So are my food cravings. Instead of the multitude of soups that we eat during the winter months - we begin to incorporate more main dish salads for supper. Evidently, my family isn't alone in this because Allyson at A Heart for Home is trying to wrangle up "A Slew of Summer Salads". If you are needing some Romaine inspiration or have a fabulous favorite salad recipe yourself, head on over to A Heart for Home and join the carnival.


Here's my contribution. It comes from the Prism Cookbook.




Hot Marinated Beef Salad:


Mixed greens (spinach, romaine, Boston, yada, yada, yada.)
1/2 lb. round steak
2 green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bean sprouts (I just use mine from a can and rinse them well.)
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 c. olive oil
Dash of pepper


Slice meat paper thin; marinate for 1 hour in garlic and soy sauce. Saute in hot oil (few slices at a time), turning to brown evenly. Toss green onions and sprouts with oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Arrange meat strips on top.


Makes 4 servings at 255 calories and 22 grams of fat each.


I promise that you won't be disappointed with this dish. As some of my friends down in the Sunshine State used to say, "It's sooo good it'll make you want to slap your Grandma!"


Enjoy!