Spring Break Week!

It's Spring Break Week for us - and, boy, do I have big plans!  And, a long 'To Do' list! 

I decorated our house in neutrals so that I would be able to swap out the colors easily to change things up a bit.  With Spring rapidly approaching, I'm feeling the urge to say goodbye to all of the red and lighten things up a bit.  For the past couple of weeks I have been shopping Goodwill, as well as my own house, getting a 'Decorating on a Shoestring' game plan in place.  I'll share more about that as I feature my finished projects.  But, for now...here's what I'm hoping to accomplish this week.

THE BEDROOM:
  • Make decorative pillow pillow for bed. Check.  Just finished that one up.  Pictures to come.
  • Hem curtain I started to hang in place of closet doors.
  • Cover underside of the glass tops of my nightstands with toile wrapping paper.  Maybe - not 100% sure on this one.
DINING ROOM:
  • Swap out red rug for one that is stored in the garage.  It used to be in my living room until I felt the need to get rid of some visual clutter.
  • Wash my red drapes and store for Spring/Summer.
  • Hang the new "curtains" I'm going be using.
  • Make matching covers to go over my chandy shades.
LIVING ROOM:
  • Make covers to go over the red throw pillows for the couch.
  • Swap out red accessories.
  • Get rid of 100 gazillion magazines filling my baskets.
KITCHEN:
  • Get some coordinating accessories worked in.
MISCELLANEOUS:
  • Swap out the red in my hallway with more fitting artwork.
  • Paint all of the woodwork/doors in the hall, living room and dining room.
  • Get seeds started for the garden.
  • Tighten up a coat rack I bought at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago.  If the weather gets warm enough, I'll also take it outside and paint it.  Right now it's a little brassy for my taste.
  • Go to Winter Jam and see Third Day, Newsboys, Tenth Avenue North, Sidewalk Prophets and several others.
So, I've got a pretty busy week planned on top of my regular cleaning, laundry, cooking and baking. 

Wish me luck!