Why am I doing an asthma blog?!

My name is Andrea, and I hate asthma! It has dramatically changed my life. I've gone from being an Interior Designer, to going back to school for another degree (in Public Health) to help other families with asthma. I got a crash course 10 years ago when one of our children was diagnosed with asthma.

Asthma can be overwhelming with all of the unique lingo, medications and equipment.

I am asthmatic, and it comes from my husband's side of the family as well, so unfortunately, all three of our children are asthmatic.

We've had countless doctor visits, middle of the night ER visits, and 12 hospitalizations for asthma. We all have different triggers and severity levels.

By sharing what I have learned over the last 10 years, I hope to be able to take some mystery out of this chronic illness and help others along the way.