Tip #10 - controlling mold in the bathroom


This is what you should have in your bathroom to help control the amount of steam that builds up while you (or your kids) shower or bathe.

It helps vent out the extra moisture in the room - and most of us know that extra moisture can lead to mold. And I hate mold. I've shared my experience in this blog about the 2 1/2 months it took us to get the mold fixed in our previous house. (There's a great search box on this blog if you want to try to find any other info-and I have about 100 entries on here!)

Anyway, back to the bathroom. It's a great place for wet, slimy things to grow. Make sure you stop it in it's tracks by washing your shower curtain regularly. Ever felt a little slippery stuff on the shower curtain? Might be time to throw it in the wash.

We have another bathroom that has sliding shower doors, and they're hard to keep clean. My father-in-law uses a squeegee to clean the shower doors off after each use at his house. But we haven't convinced the teenagers that it's a good idea to do the same thing at our house.

The track that the shower doors slide along is a great place for water to sit, and mold to build up. Has anyone found a great way to keep those clean? We just jam a washcloth in the track with a butter knife and slide the washcloth back and forth until it comes out clean.

I'm sure there are some better ways, if you have any great ideas, let me know.

Until then, it's time to unhook the shower curtain and liner and throw them in the wash. My life is SO exciting!