Awesome Ice Pack

I hope you have been enjoying the Natural Skin Care Series.  I have lots more information and recipes in that vein, but want to take a bit of break from that.  I will probably start mixing up the posts between skin care and other things.


Today, I want to share an ultra-quick recipe to make a completely awesome ice pack.  My son is in physical therapy right now and this is something his therapist recommended.






In a gallon size freezer bag, mix 1 part rubbing alcohol to 2 parts water, filling the bag about 2/3 full.  Freeze the first time for at least 4 hours.


The alcohol keeps the water from completely freezing, giving it more of a gel-like quality.  It gets so much colder than your typical ice cube filled ice pack.  And, it conforms to your body even better than frozen peas.






One word of caution, though...Make sure that you use a good quality brand of freezer bags for this.  I had some cheap-o brand that leaks horribly.  Not good.  I just ended up putting the gel into my old-fashioned type ice bag and it seems to be working beautifully.


What is your favorite thing to use as an ice pack?


Come back tomorrow to find out my newest favorite kitchen tip!


I'm sharing this at Your Green Resource and Homestead Barn Hop.